An Upcoming Festival in the East
China is the only country in the world with over 5000 years of history. It is home to a quarter of the world's population and it boasts beautiful landscapes and a marvelous civilization. In the last five decades, China has drawn great attention from the world, especially because of the incredible economic growth of the last thirty years and the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
More than one hundred years ago, Prince Borghese drove from Beijing to Paris, opening a new chapter of our history where men use motor vehicles to travel across continents; his venture amazed the whole world and will be remembered forever.
More than one century later, in 2013, another sensational event of classic cars will be held in this ancient country: "Classic Cars Challenge China (4C)".
Here are some facts about 4C:
Dates: 9-21 October 2013
Beijing - Tianjin - Qingdao - Lianyungang - Nanjing - Hangzhou - Shanghai (Total distance: approx. 1600 km)
- 9th October 2013: participants check in;
- 10th -11th October 2013: exhibition in Beijing, vehicle checks;
- 12th October 2013: Official Opening Ceremony, Beijing - Tianjin (281 Km);
- 13th October 2013: Tianjin - Qingdao (586 Km);
- 14th October 2013: dialogue and exchange opportunities, exhibitions;
- 15th October 2013: Qingdao - Lianyungang (204 Km);
- 16th October 2013: Lianyungang - Nanjing (340 Km);
- 17th October 2013: Nanjing - Hangzhou (350 Km);
- 18th October 2013: Hangzhou - Shanghai (205 Km), Awards Ceremony;
- 19th- 20th October 2013: exhibition in Shanghai, farewell dinner.
- 21st October 2013: conclusion. Participants and vehicles leave Shanghai.
Registration Fee: 7998 Euros/vehicle (two people). It includes: five-star hotels with meals along the whole journey, luxury exhibitions in Beijing, Qingdao and Shanghai, various ceremonies and parties, tourism along the route, pre-event training, maintenance and assistance, documents from the Chinese Customs and government, insurance for vehicles and participants, souvenirs, etc.
Registration Deadline: 30 June 2013
Previous Editions: 4C was formerly called China Rally of International Classic Cars. 2011 China Rally was the first and biggest event of classic cars ever held in China. In 2012, 40 cars from 16 countries and 7 car manufacturers participated and there were more than one million spectators.
Everyone was thrilled by the presence of famous personalities such as Prof. Dr. Jochem Heizmann from Volkswagen, former Formula 1 driver Hans-Joachim Stuck, Achim Stejslal from Porsche Museum and the first Chinese Formula 1 driver Hopin Tung.
Media coverage produced 6000 reports (articles, pictures and videos).
The Organizer: Classic Vehicle Union of China (CVUC) is the only national official non-profit organization in the field of historic vehicles in China and the Chinese National Authority of FIVA (Federation Internationale des Vehicules Anciens) since 2009.
Websites & Contacts:
Classic Cars Challenge China (4C): http://www.classiccarchina.org/2012/
Juliet or Michela: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org